Children and Young People’s Project
Supporting voluntary organisations working with children and young people in Islington
1/10/2012 – 30/6/2016
This project was funded by the London Borough of Islington and delivered in partnership with Children England. Through almost four years, we worked with 324 local voluntary and community organisations to help them become more effective and more responsive to local needs.
Groups taking advantage of our support told us that they were then able to deliver more services to service users and with better quality. The feedback showed that nearly everyone taking part gained skills, knowledge and abilities – building their confidence – and could identify specific improvements to their organisation and services.
Improvements were in areas such: diversifying funding sources, demonstrating impact, governance, and service planning. Many groups, after training and advice through the project, successfully applied for grant funding or tenders (both within and outside Islington) and some specifically attributed this to our Support Service. Hundreds of thousands of pounds were brought into the borough by these groups.
Support was given through:
- 43 training workshops, on subjects from co-production to digital tools, and including fundraising and tendering master classes.
- 71 one-to-one business development sessions.
- 133 tailored one-to-one advice sessions on subjects ranging from policies and procedures and changes to CRB checks, to legal structures.
- A Coaching for Leaders programme helping 3 local voluntary sector staff improve their own work practice and ensuring strong leadership in the sector.
- Islington Safeguarding Children Board
- Children England
- The Safe Network
- Islington Safeguarding Children Board training brochure
For information about the completed project please contact Chris Taylor at:
T: 020 7832 5803