Managing and maintaining premises
There are many issues to consider before you move and while in occupation
Some of the key questions include:
- Do you need to do any alterations and improvements? If so, how to project manage them
- Which policies, procedures and systems do you need to have in place?
- How do you ensure promote equality and accessibility, and ensure your building can be used by all sections of the population?
- Are you going to hire or let out space, and if so what agreements are needed?
- How do you ensure that staff, management committee members and volunteers have the skills needed to run the building successfully?
- How to budget – running costs and income
- How to keep the premises well maintained
- How to deal with repairs