Youth Work Grants & Contracts Support
Voluntary Action Islington and Islington Children and Young People’s Voluntary Sector Forum are working together to support VCS organisations to bid for the Universal Youth Work Services in Islington and to apply for grants from the Small Change, Big Impact Fund. A workshop and 12 one-to-one sessions will focus on the current available contracts1 and grants2, but the session will also look at some of the up and coming contracts over the coming year.
The Aims, objectives and learning outcomes of the workshop and one-to-one sessions are to increase confidence, knowledge & ability in bid writing and the tendering process.
By the end of the sessions you will:
• Know how current tendering processes work
• Know what work you need to do in order to be ready to bid
• Be able to assess whether a tender is worth going for
• Be able to assess when it is best to collaborate
• Know more about how best to work with partners
• Know how to organise yourself in order to be successful bid
For further information about the workshop and one-to-one sessions please click on the links below:
1There currently 2 opportunities open to apply for contracts: ‘Youth at the Centre’ and ‘Enhanced Geographical Youth Offer, zones 1 – 4’ both with a deadline of 24th March 2017.
2The deadline for the Small Change, Big Impact Fund grant is 12 noon, Monday 20th March 2017.
Details of the opportunities:
• Small Change, Big Impact Fund: Application form, Guidance notes, Appendix A.
• Market Position Statement on universal youth work services in Islington from April 2017
• Services for young people in Islington: “Better Futures start here!”