One Day Volunteering Opportunities in November and December
1. Canonbury Jobs Fair: Varied Employment and Volunteering Roles
19th November 2013: 10am – 3pm, Essex Road N1
Come along and find out about various paid and voluntary roles in the Islington area.
2. The Bridge School: Santa Fun Run Assistants or Participants
7th December 2013: 2pm – 6pm, Highbury Fields N7
To assist in the running of this Christmas event or take part in it as a runner.
3. Carnival del Pueblo: Carnival Assistants
22nd December 2013: All day, Elephant and Castle
To assist in the running of this authentic Latin American Christmas carnival event.
4. Manor Gardens Welfare Trust: Christmas Visit Volunteers
Christmas Day and Boxing Day Flexible hours, varied locations North London
To visit infirm and elderly people over the Christmas period or take them on outings.
5. Finsbury and Clerkenwell Volunteers: Lunch Club Assistants
Mondays and Thursdays in Nov & Dec 10.30am – 3.30pm, Old Street
To assist in the running of a friendly lunch club for local elderly people.
6. University College Hospital: Social Activity Volunteers
Nov / Dec 2013 Flexible hours and days (Mornington Crescent)
To come in and take part in games and activities with elderly residents.
7. Vision Housing: Street Collection Volunteers
Nov / Dec 2013, Flexible hours and days (Westminster)
Helping to collect donations from the public using collection tins & buckets etc.
8. Action on Hearing Loss: Garden Clean-up Volunteers
Nov / Dec 2013, One day’s volunteering, day tbc (Kilburn)
To help clean up an overgrown garden for a care centre for this charity.
9. Uganda Community Relief: Office Painting Volunteers
Nov / Dec 2013, Several hours, flexible as to what day (N17)
Helping to paint and refurbish their offices in Tottenham.
10. The Stress Project: Leafleting Volunteers
Nov / Dec 2013, Several hours, flexible as to what day (N7)
Helping to deliver promotional leaflets for them around the Highbury area.
11. Angel Shed Theatre: Street Marketing Assistants
Nov/ Dec 2013, Flexible hours and days (Canonbury N1)
To help promote their youth theatre by handing out info leaflets to the public.
12. The Conservation Volunteers: Conservation Volunteers
Nov / Dec 2013, Various locations in North London
To help out on one day conservation projects in London in parks, woodlands, canals.
13. Maytree Respite Centre: Refurbishment Volunteers
Nov/ Dec 2013, Maytree Centre (Finsbury Park)
To help paint and refurbish this care centre in North London.
One-day volunteering means: a fun day out, a good social activity, something on your CV and a certificate to show you have assisted a charitable organisation. To book a place for yourself (or for any of your friends too) at any of the events, email Paul Stephenson.
Email: Paul.email@example.com Tel: 0207 832 5800