Forthcoming One-Day Volunteering Events.
Volunteering for Stronger Communities.
1. The Conservation Volunteers: Various Community Conservation Days
24/29 January 2013
Flexible hours (Various Islington locations)
Helping with any number of local conservation projects in woods and parks.
2. ABD Club: Kiddy Craft Club
Any Thursday in Jan or Feb
3pm – 5pm (Holloway N7)
Helping to market and promote the children’s craft project to the local area.
3. Notting Hill Housing: Garden and Reading Room Projects
2nd Feb and 6th April 2013
Flexible hours (Canonbury N1)
2nd Feb: Cleaning up a garden and patio area for elderly people.
6th April: Helping to tidy and improve a reading room / library for elderly people.
4. British Heart Foundation: “Love Installations” Event
4th – 6th February 2013
Flexible hours (Camden NW1)
To help out at an arts-focused day in and around Camden Lock.
5. The Bridge School: Classical Music Concert
Saturday 20th April
7pm until 10pm (Holloway N7)
Helping to run a classical music concert, set up chairs, give out brochures etc.
6. Breakthrough Breast Cancer: Moonwalk 2013
Saturday 11th May 2013
Flexible hours (Battersea Park and other areas)
To help out on the day as a marshal, with a sponsored walk event in London.
7. Manor Gardens Welfare Trust: Centenary Celebration Event
Saturday 27th July 2013
Flexible hours (Holloway N7)
To help out on the day with running a community centre fundraising event.
8. Greenspace: Parks Team Conservation Days
24th Jan/ 31st Jan 2013
10am – 3.30pm (Islington area)
Helping out with a wide variety of conservation and outdoor gardening tasks.
One-day volunteering means: a fun day out, a good social activity, something on your CV and a certificate to show you have assisted a charitable organisation. To book a place for yourself (or for any of your friends too) at any of the events, email Paul Stephenson.
Email: Paul.email@example.com Tel: 0207 832 5804